How It Works
Payment Guarantee (Enterprise Acquiring) leverages the following technology and our relationship with acquirers to reduce your exposure to PCI regulations, eliminate fraudulent transactions on your service, and increase acceptance rates for good transactions:
- Behavioral Analytics - Behavioral analytics assigns a unique identifier to your customers, which follows them as they shop and check out. This makes it possible to compare each customer’s behavior to behaviors associated with fraudulent activity.
- Device Fingerprinting - Device fingerprinting powered by ThreatMetrix® identifies unique properties of your customer’s device, including location and type, which are often masked during fraud.
- Hosted Payment Page (HPP) - The hosted payment page embeds a payment form in your application which eliminates the need for your business to handle payment card numbers and the associated PII. The HPP significantly reduces your exposure to PCI regulations.
During onboarding, Vesta will obtain merchant IDs (MIDs) from our acquiring partners for your business, which we will use to submit transactions for approval and settlement on your behalf.
Payment Guarantee (Enterprise Acquiring) begins working as soon as a customer interacts with your application. At checkout, Vesta analyzes transaction and behavioral data, generates risk decisions, and submits all safe transactions for processing. If Vesta determines that a transaction is likely to be fraudulent, we will not submit it to the processor, which saves you time and money. With Enterprise Acquiring, all transactions that are submitted for approval are covered by our chargeback guarantee.
Payment Guarantee (Enterprise Acquiring) is built on state of the art technologies that provide powerful analytic capabilities and that make it easy to integrate into your website or app.
Vesta uses machine learning, behavioral models, and deep link analysis to analyze data:
- Machine Learning Platform and Models - Vesta uses machine learning and big data to build baseline models that describe behaviors associated with account takeover fraud. Detecting these behaviors during a transaction is an indication of fraud. Vesta’s models can be updated and deployed within hours, making sure that the protection you get from Enterprise Acquiring keeps up with new fraud techniques.
- Patented Deep Link Analysis - By sourcing, cross-referencing, and identifying patterns in data from multiple big-data repositories, Vesta can identify anomalous activity which could indicate fraud.
Vesta uses information from the following sources to detect fraud:
- Customer Behavior - Vesta tracks elements of customer behavior, including the pages your customers visit, how long they spend on each page, and how they select products to identify potentially fraudulent purchases.
- Device Specifics - Vesta identifies unique properties of each customer’s device, including the associated email address, age, and location, by leveraging integrations with vendors including ThreatMetrix® and Ekata. This makes it possible to detect if a customer is masking identifying information as a way to commit fraud.
- Data Vault/Consortium - Vesta participates in the GDPR-compliant consortium data vault, which includes more than 2 trillion data points gathered over 25 years of transaction processing. Vesta leverages this data to identify whether current behavior aligns with previous known behavior.
Payment Guarantee (Enterprise Acquiring) provides the following tools that you can use to integrate its features with your web or mobile app:
- REST API - Our REST API provides endpoints for posting customer information, requesting risk analysis, and accessing additional risk prevention features. Results are typically returned in one second or less, excluding 3rd party calls.
- SDK - Android and iOS SDKs make it easy to add our risk decisioning features to your app.
- <iframe> - Incorporate our hosted payment page into your app by adding a single <iframe> element.
The Integration page describes how to develop and use the basic services included with Enterprise Acquiring.
The steps below describe a typical use case for Payment Guarantee (Enterprise Acquiring):
- When a customers lands on your website or launches your app, Vesta assigns the customer a unique session ID and generates a device fingerprint. The session ID follows your customer as they browse, to support our behavioral analytics. The device fingerprint identifies unique properties of the device that is being used to access your services, which Vesta uses to identify potential fraud.
- When a customer chooses to check out, Vesta generates a risk decision and decides whether to submit the transaction to the acquirer for processing based on your company’s risk profile. If the transaction is too risky, Vesta returns a denial response. If the transaction is safe, Vesta sends it to the acquirer and returns the acquirer’s decision.